"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that's why we call it the present."

Friday, July 30, 2010

*Jagger Mikel*

I got induced on Monday, July 26, 2010. I have to admit I was really nervous to be induced, my water broke with my other two kiddies and I just didn't really know what to expect. It actually went really well. We just hung out for several hours, I was still only dilated to a 3 when I got there and 75% effaced and several hours later the same. Then Dr. Nance came around 4:30 a broke my water, I then started to feel contractions pretty fast. They then checked me and I was at a 5 and they called for my epidural. I am always nervous to get that, especially this time around. It seems like with my other two I was in so much pain with the contractions that the epidural wasn't bad compared to that pain but this time around I wasn't hurting that bad yet. Needless to say we got it done and I was a big girl:) Dr. Nance went home to get some dinner and didn't think I would go until around 10:00. My amazing nurse, Laurie, told us since we had been there that she thought we would have him around 7:00. Well the next time she checked me I was a 9 and they called Dr. Nance. Meanwhile, my Mother in law had just made it my 20 minutes. (She flew in from Texas) We were SOOO happy she made it. About 10 minutes before I had him Jen and her kids came to visit, it was a little crazy:)
When Dr. Nance came in he said that I was ready to go. I counted to 3 and said "PUSH!" I started to push, then he told me to stop and then said go again and he was out! It was amazing! I was very emotional with little Jagger, the whole experience was just beautiful!
Jagger Mikel Knudsen
Born @ 7:01 p.m.
8 pounds 4 ounces
19 1/2 inches long
COMPLETE PERFECTION!!!!Look at all that hair! LOVE IT!



He kept pouting his little lips...so cute!

This was our awesome nurse, Laurie

Hunter and Skyla stayed with Sean, Tori, and Averi while we had the baby. Mom K. picked them up the next morning and brought them straight to the hospital. Hunter was BEYOND excited to meet his baby brother. They had to wake up Skyla in the car and she wasn't thrilled seeing him:)

Look at her eyeing her new competition:)
(I have been more swollen since the day after he was born, than before he was born, what's up with that?!)



Proud Daddy!
Chris brought Skyla with him to come pick us up and take him home. (He tried to get Hunter to but he wouldn't wake up from his nap) Skyla liked him a lot more the next day:)



I am truly grateful that everything went so amazing and that my little man arrived safe and sound! I am blessed beyond measure!

10 comments:

ANeibaur said...

Oh congatulations guys!!! He is so gorgeous! You have such a beautiful family! We hope to be able to come visit some time soon! I'm so happy for you!

Tammy K said...

oh my goodness!!!

I'm so glad you posted - I have been waiting and WAITING. I would have just called to make sure everything was going well...but I know how it is with a new one, who needs phone calls :) especially when you have to split your time with 2 other beautiful babies!!!

He's perfect. I want him! Really send me any of them and I will be a happy aunt : ) Can I just tell you I am a little bit dying - I have seen both of your babies asap after birth and it kind of gives me anxiety that I might not see Little Jagger for a couple months!!!! ahhhhh!

Keep him little as long as you can. I was totally hoping I would be there in august, but for the life of me I can not get it to work out! Next hope - October, I'll be large and in charge and ready to see that boy!!!

Look at your beautiful family of 3...3 - holy moly! We love you tonz and tonz! Keep the post's a come'n!!!

Maranda said...

He is a cutie! I love how excited Hunter looks to meet him. Skyla might definitely resent him for a while since she's not the baby anymore...Ha! Such a cute family. Congrats!

Jess Beach said...

Um, I mostly agree with Tammy on every level! He is so cute! Four weeks and I can hold him!!! :D

patty323 said...

congratulations he is adorable. I am glad that all went well you have a beautiful little family. I love you keep in touch.

Marla said...

You guys make beautiful children everytime! I can't wait to see him, hopefully in September:) Until then...... Congrats and I'll keep checkin the good ol blog since you are so great at it! P.S thanks for having that baby cause after Chris called Frank he said maybe we should have one WOOOOHOOOO! Love you guys!

Crazy Corinne said...

He is a perfect little guy!!!! You look absolutely beautiful Jamie! Your kids are so adorable!!! What a gorgeous family!!! Congrats!!! :)

Mandy said...

He is so cute, and I love the name you guys chose. Congrats:)

The Nielsens said...

Oh he's SO cute! I love the hair picture (: Can't wait to come see him again and look at those gorgeous eyes! CONGRATS!!!

SFHS Class of 2000 said...

jamie, so excited for you...i think he looks alot like skyla as a baby. Makes me excited for mine to come, even though i still have a long time! I wanted to get a visit into you and new baby while there for reunion, but that was the problem, super busy with reunion stuff. Glad everything went well and so happy for you!