"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that's why we call it the present."

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

*Happy Fourth of July!*

I kind of LOVED having the fourth of July fall on a Sunday because we got to celebrate Saturday, Sunday, AND Monday...how fun is that!?
Saturday:
I didn't have my camera on me but we had a little BBQ at home with the kids and then Sean, Tori, and Averi came over to hang out. The kids played on the tramp while we sort of played Botchi Ball (however you spell that:)
Funny/Scary Story: The Daddy's were swinging the kids from the tree by the hollow and I was sitting down just watching them play when Skyla starts pointing to a branch and walking towards it. Ya, you've never seen a humongous pregnant women get up so fast... she was walking right into the hollow and would have fallen and rolled all of the way down (of course it is the steepest part of the hollow where they were) anyway, I saved the day:)
Then we a delicious Lasagna dinner and let the kids play and then we played the Construction Game where I killed everyone (twice) It was such a fun day!
Sunday:
We went to church and then just hung out with my mom and had dinner outside on the picnic table.Monday:
We headed over to Provo to the Freedom Festival. I haven't been since I sang there probley 12 years ago. It was so much fun. We were going to go to Los Hermanos but they were packed so we went to Ruby River...it was SOOOO good!


Then we headed back to the festival where Hunter got to do all sorts of fun things for free. First he painted a little scarf holder for when he becomes a scout.
Then he got to pet a Python! Don't worry I was completely freaked out and kept my distance:) he loved it though!
He is right by the head here. YIKES. Chris came to me after and said "I don't want him to be scared of it so I let him go...but I'm not going near it!" I thought it was pretty funny!
Then we watched some Jugglers.
After that we came home so everyone (but me) could take a nap before we headed up Payson Canyon with Cory and Elisha's family for a BBQ.
Wow...I am LARGE and IN CHARGE!:)
Kaulin and Hunter kept bringing me flowers...so sweet!


This chick got SOOOOOOOOO dirty!

This is Skyla after we cleaned her up. Her clothes were so bad that we took them off and she work her Daddy's hoodie home, as you can see, she LOVES it!

What a fun Fourth of July! I hope everyone else had a great one!

6 comments:

Jess Beach said...

LOVE all the pictures! I feel like everyone is so grown up! Gavin & Skyla have the same Nielsen eyes...I miss everyone!!!

Janice said...

Love the pictures and lots of fun time!

patty323 said...

I am glad that you had a wonderful weekend. your family is beautiful.

Tammy K said...

such adorable pictures!!!

go have your baby already :) ACTUALLY i think I just came up with a really good idea...maybe if I can get puff to be in Salt Lake when I come home in August we could spend a few hours with you guys and NEW BABY BOY!!!! I think that's a really good Idea....yup

Chris & Jamie said...

Tammy! That's the best idea EVER!!!

Unknown said...

tammy please come play
Puff please come play too