"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that's why we call it the present."

Sunday, April 3, 2011

*Crafts and Stuff:)*

I have been in SUCH a craft mood lately. I guess it's all this "staying in the house" stuff.:) I love learning how to do new things so if you have any craft ideas for me, let me know:)

I was SOOO in the mood for a "new" living room but didn't really have money to do much so we improvised:) My awesome sister in law, Elisha, gave us this awesome old barn wood from her Grandma's barn and Chris made me a shelf out of it. It is my new Favorite thing! It cost about $12.00 (for the hooks) Elisha also told me about the "Family" so I mod podged it to match my new "colors" Chris made all the frames and I painted them.
I had the kids go out back and pick pine cones. Then I spray painted them and stuck it in this cute basket I got at Ross for $4.00....LOVE it! (with some balls from Rod Works, I had a Gift Card)
I made this wreath for Springtime, I just bought a bunch of flowers from the dollar store. The whole thing cost about $5.00
I didn't have much for St. Patrick's Day so I made this wreath out of material from Joannes (spent about $3.00)

I made the "lucky" last year with Elisha. Chris cut out the blocks out of scrap wood.
I made the shamrock with a dollar store frame and some of those little rock/bead thingies.
(Not even $2.00)
This is another dollar store frame and I just printed the image online.
The candle things were so easy to make. I went to DI and bought some candlesticks and glued a flower vase from the dollar store on top and filled it with split peas
(cost about $2.50 each)
I made these with left over material from the wreath and got the headband form the dollar store in a pack of 6
(cost about .30 cents for the headband and about the same for the shirt because she already had it)

3 comments:

ANeibaur said...

Wow you so totally rock! I love it all and wish I had any kind of motivation to do half of that.

Mandy said...

You are so crafty love it. Love the self frame thingie. I always try and do crafty things, they just don't always work out guess you got to have the touch.

Jess Beach said...

Sometimes I wish I could just push a "like" button, like on Facebook. Either way, I "like" this post. :)