"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that's why we call it the present."

Saturday, August 29, 2009

*Good Times at the Cabin*

When Chris was in town we made a last minute decision to go up to the cabin. Kelly and Jen and their sweet little family came up and so did Mom. It was soooo beautiful up there! (as always)
We ended up only staying Saturday morning til Sunday afternoon but plenty of fun and scary moments happened in this short period of time.
Kelly brought up a "thing" to make the fire pit bigger and safer so they got the bobcat out and started fixing it all up. Then they started a fire and started burning a bunch of crap that we have had in the basement forever! I was inside with Jen and the babies and I said to Jen, "Gosh, that sure makes me nervous (the fire that big) right next to that tree" about 10 minutes later you see Chris and Kelly booking it toward the cabin. "Grab me the hose!" Um... yeah the wind had picked up and started the tree on fire! Hello?!!!!! It was kind of intense for a minute or so, I was afraid that we were going to start the next huge wildfire... Fortunately we did not.This is the kids right after all of the excitement. They sat on the trailer and kept an eye out for the fire.
After that excitement, Kelly and Chris decided to clear the road behind the cabin and make it wider. It is really nice to have more space.

While the boys were doing that we decided to take a walk.
Grandma and the kids. (Skyla and Rees were sleeping)


What a beautiful night!

Hunter was running down the road and tripped, he said he couldn't walk so Jen was nice enough to take him for a little ride.
Later that night we decided to make SmOrEs! Yummy!

Grandma, Hunter and Skyla right before Grandma had to leave.
A couple of other crazy things that happened while we were there:
*Kelly was on the bobcat and Chris, Hunter and Wyatt were sitting on a huge pile of logs watching. I looked out the window and thought it would make such a cute picture so I headed out. Right when I almost got to them they started getting up, then I was behind a tree and I hear Chris' scream "KELLY, KELLY!" in one of those screams you can't imitate! I couldn't see what was going on but my heart stopped and I ran around the tree to see what was going on. Apparently Kelly was going to move the logs so he told them to get off while he did it. He thought he saw all of them get off but little Hunter hadn't quit made it yet and the logs were coming in around Hunter's leg. We were lucky that Kelly heard Chris and was smart enough to just freeze. Hunter is totally fine, he just had several scratches up the back of his leg.
About 5 minutes later we were standing a safe distance from Kelly just watching and Hunter yells "Quit trying to kill me Uncle Kelly!" It was hilarious!
*Chris starts running to the cabin... I know, I know dejavu right? Well somehow the gas can, full of gas, had started on fire...Yeah, that could have been bad but they got it right out!

4 comments:

Janice said...

That was sooo fun and beautiful! Wonderful to spend time with the family. I love you guys!!!!! mom

Jess Beach said...

Holy crap, every other post is about Hunter nearly dying! Or your pyromaniac tendencies! Goodness, my dear seester, how will you survive in unknown territory (i.e. Texas)?! ;)

Unknown said...

So basically what I'm getting is that relaxing weekends at the cabin aren't so relaxing :). Looks beautiful up there!!

Jake and Megan said...

I was laughing so hard when I read this. But, not entirely surprised. It seems like anything that can go wrong with the Nielsen boys - goes wrong.