"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that's why we call it the present."

Thursday, September 10, 2009

*Walking...kind of*

My sweet little Skyla Jean is a VERY stubborn child! She has had absolutely NO desire to walk. (Hello, she is 14 months) Well, the other night Hunter and I were putting her to bed and I stood her there (she has been standing on her own for months) and she took two steps...I started screaming(I am a very excited mother:) and she looked at me and smiled. So I stood her there again and backed up a little to see if she would do it again, sure enough she did, over and over again, then randomly she took seven steps. I was overjoyed so I ran and got my camera.
(Don't ask about her hair, I know it's bad:) I can't help but laugh every time I see this picture. She is totally thinking "You want me to do it again....well, we'll see!" That little stink!:)


Hunter was so excited too. He was my little helper to try to get her to come to us.
The next morning I stood her there and she threw her head back... she would have none of it. She is in complete control of the situation...she will walk when SHE wants to walk.
Love her!

3 comments:

Jess Beach said...

She looks JUST like you when you were a small child...good work.

Matias and Misti said...

She is so adorable! Sayge didn't walk til she was 13 months so
I totally understand cause she did the same thing!

ANeibaur said...

Congratulations Skyla! That's so awesome! :D