"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that's why we call it the present."

Thursday, October 13, 2011

*Tender Moment*

On Tuesday, I sent Skyla up after lunch to get ready for dance...10 seconds later I heard a huge CRASH! She was screaming, you know one of those screams where you KNOW it hurt. I went running up stairs and apparently she was trying to get her dance outfit off the hanger and fell and hit the corner of the desk.  Her eye looked a lot worse in person but it definetly could have been worse. Hunter heard what happened he immediately started getting an ice pack ready for her. He got a washrag and put ice in it (and everywhere else:) I brought her downstairs and laid her on the couch and Hunter came and laid it on her eye. He kept saying "Does that fell better sweetie?" and "Are you OK?" and "Am I pressing to hard?" He seriously has the most tender heart of anyone I have ever known. We are so blessed to have him in our family. And Skyla is blessed to have such an awesome big brother!

Let me take you back before this happened....This morning I was helping Hunter get ready for school, I started doing his hair and a HUGE chunk of his hair came out in my hands. I said (calmly) "Hunter, did you cut your hair?" He said "No!" So I asked him again, he said No again. Then he tries to convince me that it was probably from when he got his hair cut a few weeks ago. Um...nice try!:) I told him we were going to have to call the Dr. and that we would probably need some shots so he doesn't loose any more hair, he says "How many Shots?" I said "a lot!, that's why I need you to tell the truth right now...did you cut your hair Hunter" "Ya." I busted up laughing just from the sad look he gave me. Why is it that kids want to cut their hair? Oh well, hopefully he learned his lesson.:)

0 comments: