"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that's why we call it the present."

Thursday, May 12, 2011

*Chloe Jane*

I took Jess to the Dr. right after our girls trip (Monday morning) and her blood pressure was through the roof and she had protein in her urine. When Dr. Nance came in and the first thing he said was "Looks like you earned yourself a stay in the hospital" We had Hunter and Jagger with us (Chris and Skyla were at Elisha's getting haircuts) so I called Chris and told him he had to come home and take the kids from me. I can't lie, I was totally panicked for my beautiful sister and baby Chloe. Our family has never really gone through this before. Jess was only 30 weeks along and all we new if that was REALLY early. I was terrified but I tried to be strong for my sister (who was amazing by the way) I dropped her off at her house to get a bag ready for her stay at the hospital and then went home to drop the kids off. I went back to get her and we got there around 1:00. They told her that she would be staying until Chloe arrived. She had some ups and downs throughout the week. I visited her everyday. I even painted her toes:) I have Chris to thank for that...it was his ONLY break in between semesters and he spent it watching the kids everyday instead of us doing all of the fun family things we were going to do. He really is amazing!
My sister is one of the strongest women I know and I love her so much and am so glad I got to be there for her throughout this experience. This is the two of us on day 3 I think (Wednesday)
On Friday night I remember telling Chris that I had a feeling that I should keep the phone by my bed and boy was I right. I received a call from Mike at 4:30 on Saturday morning telling me that they were going to deliver the baby at 6:00 a.m. I rushed in to my Mom's room and we hurried and got ready and were there at 5:15. Kelly arrived about 15 minutes after we did. At 6:00 they came to get her and take her to the operating room. Her nurse told us the secret door to go wait at and maybe we would be able to get a glimpse of her, the NICU was right across the hall. We saw all of these Dr.s and nurses rushing into the room and then heard a baby cry...I was so excited and relieved that she was at least crying...that is always a good sign. I was still really nervous though. Mom and Kelly kept telling me to take a deep breath (I get a lot of anxiety) When the doors opened they brought little Chloe in an incubator and she seriously was so small that you couldn't even see her. We got to talk to Mike for a second and he said that she was looking good. We went back into the room to wait for Jess. She was as white as a ghost and they said she had lost a lot of blood. The next day she got a blood transfusion with 4 pints of blood. YIKES! I get to be one of the four people (including Mike and Jess) that gets to go into the NICU and see her so I try to as often as I can. She is making a lot of progress and is just so precious! I am so grateful for modern medicine because with out it I would have lost my only sister and my sweet niece.



Chloe Jane
May 7, 2011
6:47 A.M.
3 pounds 2 ounces
16 1/2 inches

0 comments: