"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that's why we call it the present."

Sunday, March 28, 2010

*One Year Ago...*

One year ago this month we almost lost our little angel. I try not to look back on that time very often because I hate the feelings it brings with it but Mom and Dad K. were in town and we happened to get on the subject. We obviously don't know what would have happened had we not gone to the hospital the night we did but last night Chris told me that he truly thinks we would have lost her. If she hadn't received fluids that her body would reject she could have died of dehydration. I remember exactly what she looked like, her ribs stuck out, her stomach was sunken in, her skin was green, her eyes were sunken in and she had no energy at all, we hadn't seen her smile in days. It was the scariest time of my life. This post is not to ramble, which is what I'm doing:) but to say how truly blessed we are to have this amazing little girl in our lives. She really does have the sweetest little spirit and can light up any room she walks into. We are so grateful to our Heavenly Father who watched over our little girl until we were able to find out what was going on with her little body.
Food is no longer and issue as you can see, she is the chubbiest little thing with dimples in her bum and awesome thunder thighs! I love her beyond description and am so grateful to know that she is mine forever. *Her hair does the craziest things when she is sleeping:)

4 comments:

Tammy K said...

she's stink'n cute!

Janice said...

What can I say but that I have the CUTEST grandkids on the planet!

Mike and Karen said...

Here, Here!! I am so thankful for our sweet little gal.

Tammy K said...

Jamie - it's because my blog went private...that's why it doesn't update on your google reader - just FYI :)

Hope you guys had a good easter weekend!