"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that's why we call it the present."

Sunday, November 1, 2009

*Funnest and Scariest Halloween Ever!*

So Frank (Chris' Best Friend since birth, literally) and Marla (His awesome wife) invited us over for Halloween. They had three kinds of Chili and Cornbread, which was delicious. Then they had there Rhino hooked up to their trailer lined with bales of hay for us to ride on. How much fun is that!
This is the first house we went to and Lala wanted to do it by herself. Every time I would pick her up to help her she would growl at me.The reason why I put Scariest Halloween ever is um, well,
WE LOST HUNTER!!!
Talk about your worst nightmare! I was on the back of the trailer with Skyla talking to Marla and Chris was up in the front with Frank. Our group was ready to go across the street and Hunter was stopped there (because he knows he will get in trouble if he runs out in the street) So I told him to follow the group across the street, and he did. Then the rhino pulled forward like a half a block. We could still see the house the kids were just at. And I started looking for Hunter, couldn't see him so I asked Chris if he could see him. He couldn't and I figured he probley was somewhere in the middle of our group. Well the "Group" started filtering out and Hunter is nowhere to be found so Me, Chris and Frank start running the neighborhood, when we ran into each other and no one had found him yet, I started freaking out. (I literally was like "Honey, I'm really starting to Freak out" as tears start running down my face) Now I am completely panicked and people are coming up to me asking who I'm looking for, I would say "A cute hairy little pirate" We had probley 8 adults running through the neighborhood for a good 10 minutes (which is a LONG time in the moment) And then I hear someone yell "WE FOUND HIM!"
Holy Crap!
I never want to experience that again! Hunter didn't even realize what was going on. As I'm hugging him with my life he says "Hey Mom, Check out the candy I got!" and proceeds to take each piece of candy out on the ground, one at a time. Wow, I am so grateful that nothing worse happened. It defiantly makes you realize how fast something can go wrong. Let's just say he didn't let go of me or Chris' hand the rest of the night.

This is Gene and his wife Michelle. He is the one responsible for finding my son.
Thanks again Gene, your the best!

Our group

This was so awesome. There was a man riding around the streets as the headless horseman.


They were taking turns screaming.

When we got home Hunter couldn't wait to show us all of his candy.

We had such a good time and know it could have been way worse and are soooo grateful it wasn't.

Thanks again Frank and Marla for inviting us, we had a Blast!

7 comments:

Jess Beach said...

LOVE their costumes. HATED that Hunter got lost. It reminded me of when he ran out into the road at Mom's and Sis. Taylor almost hit him. *AHHHH* Glad he's okay! Mike laughed at your costume...apparently you looked pretty authentic! :D

Tammy K said...

Well it looks like you guys had an awesome halloween! I love that kids in St. george can just wear their costumes - HERE on the other hand you have the coat and snow boots covering the costume ... pretty lame ...

ANeibaur said...

OMG hunters costume is the Best! Love the hairy little pirate! LOL
I'm so glad to hear that nothing serious happened to him, I bet that was not a fun feeling.
Glad halloween went well!

Jenna said...

I love that Skyla growled at you when you tried to help her, that made me laugh! And THAT is what a rhino looks like? :)

patty323 said...

im glad that you had fun on halloween and found hunter, that is a very scary feeling

Maranda said...

I can't even imagine what it must feel like to think you've lost your child. I'm so glad you found him safe. Your kids costumes were adorable. Looks like the rest of your night was a lot of fun!

Mike and Karen said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! How cute could they be??? It sounds like your Halloween was great.